Gil Ortega – Lead Generation School
Named the 2007 Entrepreneur of the Year by the San Dieg County Hispanic Chamber of Commerce, Gil founded Leads to Wealth, Inc (LTW), the largest lead generation company servicing the direct sales (MLM) industry. Since having sold his ompany, he has dedicated the past 13 years to helping direct marketers improve the efficiency and results of their lead generation campaigns, and is focusing on teaching businesses to generate leads using his unique methods and tools. He has generated and sold more than $20 million of leads within the past four years.
Maruxa: Hello, everyone. Thank you so much for being on this call today with Lead Masters Telesummit 2009. My name is Maruxa Murphy, and today on call, I have Gil Ortega with us. Gil in 2007 was named Entrepreneur of the Year by the San Diego County Hispanic Chamber of Commerce. He also founded Leads to Wealth Inc., LTW, which is the largest lead generation company servicing the direct sales MLM industry. Since having sold his company, he has dedicated the past 13 years to helping
direct marketers improve the efficiency and results of their lead-generation campaigns and is focusing on teaching businesses to generate leads using his unique methods and tools. He has generated and sold more than $20 million of leads within the past four years, which is pretty awesome and amazing. I know that we can learn tons from him today.
Gil: Thank you very much for having me, Maruxa.
Maruxa: We are so honored that you’re here, Gil. Thank you so much.
Gil: It’s my pleasure.
Maruxa: Let’s get started on the call today. I have so much I want to ask you, and we have only a short amount of time to answer all these questions. Can you tell us a little bit about yourself and how you began to grow in the business of lead generation?
Gil: I just turned 40, to give you my scope of business experience. I started when I was 15. I started as a promoter and manager of bands and DJs as young as 15 years old and did it throughout high school. I put myself through college doing that.
Pretty early on in that career, at about 18, I was invited, like many people, to one of those hotel meetings, “Come check out this opportunity.” I got involve with a direct sales network marketing company part time because I was an influencer in my town, doing big events. I was a pretty easy target for that kind of business model, and I got involved. Through my early 20s, I was a part-time network marketer and had my promotion business. I was, at heart, a marketer and promoter and doing a variety of different businesses. I had a surfboard company and a clothing company. I was an aspiring entrepreneur at a very early age. Somewhere along the line, in about the mid-’90s, like ’95 or ’96, I’d had it. I was pretty much fed up with the network marketing part of being in the business as a distributor because the companies had folded or went out of business. You always have to worry about that. I was good at generating leads, and I started my first lead company back in late ’95 or ’96.
It was a telemarketing-based lead company, just telephoning leads, profiling them, and selling those leads. It was way early for me. I wasn’t even on the internet. I wasn’t even on the computer. I operated that business until the beginning of ’99. I sold it and got into the internet, a dot-com, and had my first experience using a computer and being on the internet. For another two years, we had a really successful 3D software company. It was a garage startup, a huge success. We were hit hard with the bubble bursting. We were a casualty of a lot of circumstances. Unfortunately, after all the success I had up to that point, I lost everything in this dot-com garage startup that I had invested in. That was the end of 2000.
Coming into 2001, I was licking my wounds. I literally had lost everything I owned that didn’t fit into my car. I moved to Las Vegas from San Diego and ended up even having to pawn my computer. About three months into 2001, I finally got a job. I was not doing anything. I was on unemployment. It dawned on me that I should get a job in the lead business, and I did. I went to work for a travel list company.
On September 11, 2001, I was working for a travel list company in Las Vegas. If you heard the news or remember back then, Las Vegas became a ghost town. The travel industry just plummeted. I was yet again faced with no job, right after 9/11. Out of pure necessity and having just $50 to start a website template and put a plaque up on the internet, I started my new lead company with that $50, which has become a very near and dear web-template website when I look back at it now. I had very little money and a phone line. I had to pay for my long distance charges, which weren’t like Vonage back then. It was still several hundred dollars a month, and I looked at that as like my rent because I had to pay that every month to keep my business open. I also had an internet connection. I started looking for lead sources, people who were providing leads, and I found one. They were providing a variety of different kinds of leads. They were doing a campaign for legal services. I said, “Legal services? What is
this?” It was discount legal services. That was the lead.
They said, “We sell these to prepaid legal distributors.” I said, “I know a bunch of prepaid legal distributors.” I put one and one together, and there you go. I had my first campaign. Literally from sleeping on my friend’s blowup mattress at that time to putting my first lead page together and finding my first lead source and first customer, I went into the lead business and started delivering hundreds of leads a day to my customers. I immediately grew. I took that initial campaign at about 5,000 leads a week. I was making about $1 or $2 per lead. I had never in all my life seen that much money that quickly, and I invested it to grow my business, which is Leads to Wealth. It has since been sold. I started it and sold it in about a four-year period of time. If I still owned the company, I could say that I had generated and sold over $40 million worth of leads because in 2008, they did over $25 million in lead sales to the network marketing industry.
Maruxa: That’s absolutely amazing!… Former-CEO of a Major Lead Generation Company Spills the Beans…“Discover The Secret Methods of Lead Generation Companies”. It’s Like Owning The Plan For a Multi-Million Dollar Lead Company Find out how Gil started with a $50 web site, then generated & sold over $30 million worth of leads without owning a list, and without using SEO, PPC or Jvs.
Get Gil Ortega – Lead Generation School Course immediately at the Fexmall.
See the real CPA game from a Super Advertiser’s perspective, Gil is NOT a Super Affiliate and kinda sucks at driving traffic. Gil has been doing large CPA campaigns for 10+ years and has been the person hiring Super Affiliates. See all the software he uses to manage his lead empire including his Blueprint for Massive Lead Generation. Discover Gil’s Internet media buying secrets – You don’t really need a list to make a fortune. See how Gil uses performance based CPA strategies to dominate local markets. This is by far the easiest method of gaining local business accounts. Get his time-tested system for massive lead generation campaigns. This is so push button simple, even total newbies can do it.
GIL ORTEGA’S How to Start & Operate a Lead Company Home Study Course
How to Start & Operate a Lead Company INCLUDES:
• The 2009 How to Start & Operate a Lead Company
• 15 Hours of Video Training on How to Start & Operate a Lead Company;
• Lead Generation Basics;
• 101 Fundamentals;
• Legal issues dealing with IOs;
• Lead Management;
• Quality is king – How to make leads better;
• Researching Your Media Buys & Predictive Modeling;
• Using Research and Analytics Across Marketing Channels, Ad Networks, and CPA Networks; Finding Super Affiliates;
• CPA industry experts;
• Creating Offers;
• Working with clients – OPM;
• Telephony Live Transfers and Call Centers;
• Web to phone strategies and technology;
• Landing Page Optimization;
• Testing strategies;
• Technologies, and leaders;
• How to research where every web site gets their traffic;
• How to make any sales department operate like a profitable lead generation company;
• Top players in the lead gen industry and how to get them to help you generate leads.
You get ALL the tools I used to build a massive lead company.
1. My complete Rolodex of every lead company, marketing technology, and ad network you should know – over 400 companies
2. Internet media buying LeadSchool101 – $97
3. Lead Generation Marketing Automation How To Guide (27 pgs)
4. Implementing a Marketing Automation Solution How-to Guide (10 pgs)
5. Example of an Advertiser Insertion Order (IO) Agreement with Terms & Conditions
6. Example of a Publisher Insertion Order (IO) Agreement with Terms & Conditions
7. Cost Per Action CPA Calculator Excel Worksheet
8. Return on Ad Spend Calculator Excel Worksheet
9. Email Marketing Calculator Excel Worksheet
10. Feature Advantage Benefit Tool – helps you analyze your product/service offering to create a matrix of features, advantages, and benefits that can be used to facilitate selling.
11. Advertising ROI Calculator Excel Worksheet
12. Email Marketing Vendor Evaluation Matrix Excel Worksheet – Industry Leader Contact Database
13. Marketing Automation Vendors Matrix Excel Worksheet – Industry Leader Contact Database
14. Qualified Lead Definition Tool-This tool was designed to help sales & marketing departments achieve alignment on their definition of a qualified or highly qualified lead
15. Lead Scoring Index Tool-This tool is designed to help you analyze leads, and identify strong prospects
16. SPIN Selling Questions Tool-The purpose of this tool is to facilitate the development of sales probing questions following the SPIN Selling methodology
17. Web Audit Report Tool – The purpose of this tool is to report on the results from a preliminary website effectiveness audit
18. Website Design Budget Tool – Line item everything it costs to build a website
19. My Direct Mail Marketing Database in Excel -Industry Leader Contact Database
20. My Media Relations Database in Excel- Industry Leader Contact Database
“Discover The Secret Methods of Lead Generation Companies”. It’s Like Owning The Plan For a Multi-Million Dollar Lead Company
GIL ORTEGA’S How to Start & Operate a Lead Company Home Study Course How to Start & Operate a Lead Company INCLUDES:
You get ALL the tools I used to build a massive lead company.
Get Gil Ortega – Lead Generation School Course immediately at the Fexmall